2017 TurnKey Awards
ALN Magazine is proud to announce the 2017 TurnKey Awards. These awards celebrate excellence in vivarium design, facility operations and teamwork, and creativity in implementing the 3Rs.
The awards are comprised of three categories:
- The Facility of the Year Award recognizes outstanding achievements in the design/build of a new or renovated laboratory animal facility. The award is intended to showcase new ideas and accomplishments in facility design, construction, and operation. In order to be considered, the facility must have been completed no earlier than July 1, 2015.
- The Team of the Year Award recognizes an outstanding staff working in laboratory animal research. This award acknowledges the important role of teamwork in the operation of a facility, humane care of research animals, and the impact on research outcomes.
- The Innovation in 3Rs Award recognizes the creative ways that organization’s implement the 3Rs at their facility to replace animal models, reduce the number of animals used, and refine animal care and research. The winner of this award can be a process, a product, a service, etc. In order to be considered, the innovation should have been implemented at your facility after July 1, 2015.
Winners will be featured in the September issue of ALN Magazine, on www.alnmag.com, and in the ALN Daily.
The deadline for entries is June 15, 2017.
How to Enter
Nomination packets should include:
- Nomination form
- Nomination case study (no longer than 3,000 words)
- Photos (as applicable)
- A minimum of two letters from various stakeholders involved (architect, manager, team member, developer of new product, service, or process, etc)
Please e-mail your complete entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for entries is June 15, 2017.